Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Carrot Cutlets

My mother in law was known for her cooking, ability to see a packed refrigerator as a world of possibilities, and her adventurous pallet.  

From the late 1930s through the 1990s she collected ideas in notebooks and index card boxes full of recipes she gleaned from newspapers, magazines, friends and neighbors.  Sure, we all do it today, but we organize on computers.  Or in my case, I get the recipes, promptly save them in the appropriate file, and forget I ever received them.  

Then there is the infamous scratching of the head at dinner time. 

*Sigh*

Is this for dinner tonight?

Probably not.  But it does give an idea as to additional possibilities.

1 comment:

Lizzy D said...

That actually sounds rather yummy! Altho I d grate raw carrots instead!

Rem you were gonna send me more recipes?

love

r