Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

for Hunter... the Rula Bula

I love authors who either create worlds that are so lushly described, I can see them in my own mind.  Better still are those who play in my backyard and I can verify/reverify their statements.

Kevin Hearne (uber popular urban fantasy writer, etc. of the Iron Druid fame) talks about the Rula Bula Irish pub in downtown Tempe, AZ ... been there, photographed that.  And yes, the fish and chips are that good.

I would have taken Blondie the last time we went, but he is too arthritic to sneak anywhere *sigh*.


4 comments:

Lizzy D said...

I hope someone buys you a pint for your birthday! Happy Day!

Anonymous said...

I love Kevin Hearne's books. I, too, love the worlds that authors create.

I need to reread them all before the next one comes out.

Happy belated birthday. I hope you had a great day.

Hunter

Anonymous said...

Oh, I blushed when I saw my name, by the way. Too cute of you.

Hunter

Dooley Girls said...

r and h,

thanks for the birthday wishes! spent time entertaining a delightful 9 year old - nothing like a small child with a couple of wild dogs!

L