Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

29 days of giving challenge - gift of support ... day 4

Even though we all think that Beaver Clever should have been the norm, it wasn't.  All families have issues.  That's just the way it is.

When my folks raised us, we were told that no matter what happened, you may not like your sister(s)/brother(s) right now, but they were yours for the rest of your life.  And there would be times when we wouldn't necessarily be the best of friends, but the tie among us was forever.

Later I discovered that no matter what, my sister(s)/brother(s) were there for me.  In MY corner.  NO MATTER WHAT.

I haven't always been good at expressing that to or for them, and I am making amends every day about that.

It is now my turn to be in the corner for my sister(s)/brother(s).  NO MATTER WHAT.

When I read the 29 day gift challenge the author talked about giving away something that meant everything to her as part of her challenge.  I realized that I never need to do that part of the challenge.  There is NOTHING I wouldn't give to someone in my family.  Anything (and I do mean anything) is theirs for the asking, taking, or needing. 

I've never seen myself as being charitable, kind, or even indulgent to others. Maybe I am, just around the corners.

PS - if you guys are reading this, know that I love you.

No comments: