Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

29 days of giving challenge - starting over ... day 1

The good news and the bad news about the 29 day gift challenge is that if you miss a day, you start over.

I skipped a couple of days and decided that instead of back peddling, I'd begin again.  Hey, self honesty has been something I promised myself I would do this year.

I started again last night.  I cleaned some of my mom's Indian jewelry collection.  When I was a kid, it was something I enjoyed because I got to fondle all of her treasures and pretend that they (or something like it) would one day be mine.

Last night as we cleaned together, we told stories.  When a piece was acquired.  Which outfit would make something else pop.  How many pieces is too many to wear at once. Most importantly, we laughed.

Who knew that by giving a gift to her, I really think I'm the one who got the gift.

1 comment:

Lizzy D said...

Lovely piece, thx for sharing it with us too.
about the gift thing, starting over....won t you finally feel like that ancient Greek guy who pushed the rock up the hill but never made it? I'd get discouraged, you re to be commended!

love
r