Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

29 Days of Giving - Day 2 - Is peace a gift? How about self honesty?

Is the gift of peace a gift?  Hubby is off today and instead of presenting the 'honey we need to do list', I left him in peace to pursue his hobby.  The 'we need to do list' is long and never seems to get shorter but peace never seems to make it to the list.

Maybe this counts.  I hope so.

If not, I have a new diabetic glucose meter.  It does everything, provided you actually puncture your skin and apply blood on the strips.

When I did it this morning, I was convinced the number couldn't have been right.  It was just too darned high.

Then again, last night I ate before I went to bed and that might have had something to do with it.

Because the new meter can show you trends with the push of a button and I'd like to see smooth trending, I'll have to get more honest with myself about everything in my life.  Maybe it is a gift to me?

No comments: