Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

29 days of giving challenge ... day 20 quality work

There is a lot to be said for doing something right the first time ... and it is something I try to do.  Sometimes there are other, faster, ways to do things, but I always feel like I'm missing a step.

This curb, is one of the few examples I've seen of a WPA project in Phoenix ... as a relatively new city, we think if something is more than 10 years old, it is an antique and then we try to tear it down.

Today, I began work in earnest on a proofreading job for a family member.  She paid a large sum of money to have several documents drafted and executed correctly.  Nosy Nancy that I am, I asked for advanced copies.

When I read them with a highlighter between my lips and a red pen in my hand, all I could think of was my father.  He was able to find the most minute errors in homework I did to the point, I refused to let him see my work.

His attention to detail is something I inherited after he passed.  I still don't have his full and entire gift, for which I am grateful.

I have enough to catch the little and expensive things.

It felt good to help someone else achieve perfection and quality work, even if they didn't want to.

No comments: