Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

29 days of giving - day 18 - the gift of awareness

In the past, I've written on small (private) boards.  One of the characters I retired from that setting was resurrected tonight on behalf of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

What's the point?

Everyone sees the pink ribbons on products during October.  They hear blurbs about Racing for the Cure and wear pink bracelets.

At some point, it becomes like Christmas. It is about the things and not the message.

So, I penned a piece they can access that is about the message (and some about the stuff), about prevention, monthly self examination, and the lives it touches that we never see or know about.

I'll never know if it makes a difference for any of them.  It doesn't really matter.  The story will exist for them on the web for years to come, for them to read or not.

I got to say my piece and get a little peace.  Saving TaTas one pair at a time.


No comments: