Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

I want a Mulligan


Mulligan's are amazing.  A friend married a Mulligan, he's the nicest guy I know.  The stew is pretty good, it is the stew I was raised on plus cabbage.  Most bars named Mulligan are warm and fun places to hang out with friends.

The best Mulligan?

The Golf Mulligan.  Because in golf, the Mulligan is the do-over.  Actually, it is the penalty free do over.  

I have tried, most unsuccessfully, to complete NaNoWriMo this year.  First it was a lack of muse (but I kicked his hind end back in October so he would be ready).  Then it was lack of internet (there are friends there who spur me on to new and interesting places).  Yeah, technically I could have hand written or actually typed using one of those old manual machines - but I can't find a ribbon for it.  Yeah, that's it.  Then my trusty steed, my semi-loyal laptop of three years, went feet up in the air and gasped a final breath last weekend.

So all of this had led to fits and starts.  It has also allowed me to scapegoat my way out of writing this year.  
Probably I should take up golf.

  • I live near a public course.
  • I need more fresh air.
  • Hubby has a set of old left handed clubs on the porch (not his but a friend's and they were lonely in his garage).
  • Most importantly, it is because I believe in the power of the Mulligan.

No comments: