Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

29 days of giving ... day 28 the gift of thankfulness

Every major city, and most minor ones, have areas that are known for the number of accidents.  Sometimes it is due to the way traffic flows.  Other times it has to do with the age of the drivers (young or old).  And on occasion it is because the location is a tourist area.

I am grateful for the near miss.  The neighborhood was less than safe.  The heat was over 113F.  I needed to use the bathroom.

Why was there no yelling or screaming at the individual who was texting instead of driving?

Easy.  He didn't hit me.

He pulled to the side of the road and looked like he got himself back in order.

Eons ago, there was an astral target pained on my car.  I know just how long even a minor accident takes and the amount of paperwork involved.  There is a love-love relationship with my insurance agent, but meeting under those circumstances, well - not my favorite.

What was I immediately thankful for?

No damage to my passenger or to me.
No damage to either vehicle.
No delay in getting from point A to point B.
There was no need to experience the heat away from an air conditioning vent.

Overall, not bad.


No comments: