Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

29 days of giving - day 11 - learning something new

When are you the teacher and when are you the student?

My grandmother said, "Teach something and learn it twice."  She may not have been the originator of the phrase, but it is a handy one.

The times I have learned the most I have taught things. More times than not, I frustrate the teacher in the process.

I had the opportunity to complete my Reiki Master/Teacher credential.  A couple of years ago, I got the Master level of Reiki, but never did the final step(s) to get the teaching credential.

When the teacher arrived in my life earlier this year, I knew it was time.  We got on well.  I learned and actually didn't frustrate the life out of her.

I think the gift here was learning to keep my yap shut and let the learning flow.

Shame I didn't learn it when I was in college.

Maybe that's why my grades were poor?

Maybe not.

No comments: